Thursday, March 22, 2012

This morning, I woke up to a one liner when I had typed a whole chunk before sleeping last night. Not like they were stuff that needed much response, but I would've appreciated more effort in understanding the tone behind my words and not just the words themselves. I sat on my computer chair, suddenly feeling as though I am now doing so much for someone out of habit. Because I am still doing things for the person despite knowing the reasons as to why I should not/do not want to. But I sat there for 5 more minutes and realized I pulled myself away only because I found a flaw in our friendship. We have to learn to understand and accept others' flaws, do we not?

Then my dad and I had an argument over some business tactics of a bakery, whether it was right or wrong. I flared up at him because he was asserting his opinion without even considering mine. But I was doing exactly the same while trying to refute him. It was purely an exchange of views without us accepting any part (not even a small part) of the other party's opinion. He never ever accepts others' kind gestures of offering suggestions unless they're 'good enough for him'. The real problem is that I am exactly like him.

I got annoyed and tried to escape from the situation (at least mentally). The mind drifted off and thought about the impossibility of living with someone else for the rest of my life. Rather, the impossibility of finding a person you know you wouldn't have many arguments with, without compromising comfort and honesty between each other. Why do we go through so much trouble to live with other people? Yet I know there isn't an answer to "why". We just need it. I just need it and want it. That is all.

On a side note, I am thinking of ways to properly teach my future child the right values without taking too much freedom away from her. Sometimes I am crazy and too serious.

No comments: